The Management of GymBus and EdGym is committed to providing a safe environment through ensuring all vehicles and equipment being used are safe, well maintained and used according to their design and purpose. This will be achieved by :
- Carrying out regular equipment and vehicle safety checks
- Implementing a regular equipment and vehicle check, maintenance and replacement scheme.
- Providing appropriate training to employees on the correct set-up, use and storage of equipment and vehicles.
Equipment maintenance for GymBus and EdGym includes the following:
- Apparatus must be appropriately arranged to allow for safe landings (spaced to allow for falls) Apparatus must be arranged so as to avoid students crossing the path of other participants
- Apparatus must be correctly assembled
- Matting should be sufficient for the activities to be performed and be in position to minimise risk of injury
- All metal equipment must be checked regularly for loose connections, rusty parts, faulty joints and condition of supports and springs
- All wooden equipment must be checked for loose screws and bolts, warping, splitting, splintering, rough edges, faulty joints and instability
- Mats and carpeted areas must be checked regularly for torn materials, frayed edges, and worn and uneven surfaces
- All ropes and ladders must be checked regularly for fraying and rotting
- Faulty equipment must be removed from use or action taken to repair it.
- Extra care must be taken when moving large and/or heavy items of equipment with a minimum of 2 adults to each heavy item.
Coaches, drivers and entertainers must:
- Dress appropriately
- Provide safety instruction prior to each event, class or rotation
- Ensure activities are safe for the students level of ability
- Progressive and sequential skill development
- Challenge the students and participants to progress and achieve a higher level of ability
Vehicle maintenance for GymBus and EdGym must include the following:
- Daily Safety Inspection: The driver responsible for the vehicle for that shift must show that vehicle is checked daily for the safety features listed in the daily safety checklist.
- Defect Reporting: The responsible driver must ensure that all defects are recorded, reported to the person responsible for the repair, and recorded as repaired when the defect is complete.
- Vehicle Safety Inspection The must show that all vehicles undergo a regular vehicle safety inspections at 10,000 km or 3 months (whichever occurs first).
- Audit Procedure At intervals specified in the Vehicle Maintenance Program the EdGym and/or GymBus manager needs to conduct a random check on the process to ensure that all procedures have been carried out correctly.
- Responsibility The EdGym and/or GymBus manager must define the responsibility and authority of all personnel who manage, maintain, drive or verify work affecting the operation of each EdGym and GymBus vehicle.
It's easy to find prices & book
- Enter your address and date
- View available party times and prices
- Select your best time slot and book
What you need to know:
- Credit or Debit Cards accepted
- Capacity for up to 26 kids
- Online bookings for weekends only
Prices are calculated on Proximity to current bookings.